Are YOU ready? Be a part of CPR Trained.
A cardiac emergency response plan is a written document that establishes specific steps to reduce death from cardiac arrest in school settings. A carefully orchestrated response to cardiac emergencies will reduce deaths in school settings, and ensure that chaos does not lead to an improper or no response. Preparation is the essential key to saving lives.
Need to teach CPR in your school? For more information go to www.heart.org/cprinschools.
Read more about Cardiac Emergency Response Planning for Schools in the September 2016 issue of NASN School Nurse (NASN):
- Cardiac Emergency Response Planning for Schools – A Policy Statement (PDF)
- Cardiac Emergency Response Planning for Schools – Writing Group Affiliations (PDF)
- CERP Policy in Brief (PDF)
School Implementation Resources
- Implementation Letter to Parents (Word)
- Sample Action Steps for School Improvement Plans (Word)
- Sample Timeline for Schools (Excel)
- Developing Cardiac Emergency Response Team (Word)
- Cardiac Emergency Response Plan and Protocol (MS Word)
- Practice Drills (MS Word)
- Cardiac Emergency Response Team Roster (MS Word)