Family & Friends® CPR
The Family & Friends CPR Course teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only CPR, adult CPR with breaths, child CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR, and mild and severe airway block for adults, children, and infants. Skills are taught in a dynamic group environment using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which provides students with the most hands-on CPR practice time possible.
- Uses AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which improves learning and retention
- Classroom format works well for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback while learning skills
- Each student receives high-quality course materials for ongoing reference
- Adult Hands-Only CPR and AED
- Adult CPR With Breaths (Optional)
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Adult (Optional)
- Child CPR and AED (Optional)
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Child (Optional)
- Infant CPR (Optional)
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Infant (Optional)
Family & Friends CPR is a classroom-based course that can be taught by an AHA Instructor or led by a facilitator (a community member, family member, or friend) who wishes to share the lifesaving skills of CPR with others. This course is video-led and includes skills practice throughout the course. Skills are taught by using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows participants to practice on a CPR training manikin while skills are demonstrated in the course video.
Course topics can be presented together or taught separately as stand-alone modules.
Following are approximate times for each module:
- Adult Hands-Only CPR/Adult CPR with Breaths/AED/Choking: about 39 minutes
- Child CPR/AED/Choking: about 27 minutes
- Infant CPR/Choking: about 21 minutes
To be a Facilitator for this course and see all available materials, please register on the AHA Instructor Network as a Facilitator.