Nation of Heartsavers™
Join a Nation of Heartsavers today. A national movement around well-being, safety, and emergency preparedness in your communities.
The American Heart Association (AHA) Nation of Heartsavers is a national program around well-being, education, safety, and emergency preparedness in our communities by developing a Cardiac Emergency Response Plan (CERP). The AHA serves in communities educating audiences to unite and encourage more people to live a healthy lifestyle and be prepared for the next level of education with STEM, nutrition, and physical activity programs, as well as how to prepare for an emergency, be it for CPR, first aid, or safety.
We invite you to become a part of the American Heart Association Nation of Heartsavers School program today.
Heartsaver Schools & Heartsaver School Districts
As schools and school districts join the movement of the Nation of Heartsavers they will be added to this list of educational systems for all to review.
Nation of Heartsavers Stories
High school, Junior and basketball player Ben Blankenhorn had just finished warming up when his heart stopped. A water polo coach and a doctor who happened to be nearby helped save his life. After his heart surgery, his team went on to win a regional championship for first time in school history.
Testimonials and Stories
Recognition Program Opportunities
Focused on five areas of development, the Nation of Heartsavers offers education, information and training opportunities for all areas and ages.
Safety & Emergency Preparedness
CPR & First Aid Programs
- Hands-Only CPR
- Hands-Only CPR Resources
- CPR & First Aid Anywhere
- CPR Anytime
- CPR in Schools
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
Youth ProgramsTobacco & Vaping
Heartsaver Schools and School Districts
The AHA is accepting applications for a new recognition program honoring schools and school districts as a part of a Nation of Heartsavers. Schools that actively participate in educational programs such as CPR and First Aid training and have a CERP, and are active participants in STEM, nutrition programs, tobacco/vaping policies and have student physical activity on campus may apply for the program.
The AHA is accepting applications for a new recognition program honoring school districts as a part of a Nation of Heartsavers. School districts that actively create educational programs for their entire school system in CPR and First Aid training and generate a district wide CERP, and are active participants in STEM, nutrition programs, tobacco/vaping policies and have student physical activity on campuses may apply for the program.
Heartsaver School and Heartsaver School District Criteria and Benefits:
Review the Heartsaver Schools and School Districts Criteria and Benefits
CPR, AED and Cardiac Emergency Response Plan (CERP) Programs
- Get Hands-Only CPR Training
- Download the CPR & First Aid APP from Google Apps or Android
- Look for your campus CERP: Cardiac Emergency Response Plan for your school. Or create one for your school.
- Locate AEDs. Are your AEDs strategically placed within the school community?
- Actively participating in programs such as Kids Heart Challenge or American Heart Challenge
- Promote and establish programs for physical and emotional well-being.
- Promote healthy school meal program and nutrition education, regular physical education, and physical activity.
Vaping and Tobacco Policies and Programs
Download Tobacco and Vaping Information(link opens in new window)(link opens in new window)
- The following resources were designed to support school administrators and school board members in creating a tobacco-free school district:
- Enforce policy that prohibits tobacco use including e-cigarettes
- Include and enforce a policy that prohibits any donations/curriculum from any tobacco-related industry.
- Include and enforce a tobacco/vaping policy that provides supportive solutions
- Encourage healthy eating options
- Promote a culture of well-being
- Promote diversity and inclusion
- 6+ wellness activities
Download What is STEM? (PDF)(link opens in new window)(link opens in new window)
- Free STEM Resources:
- Include a STEM program or curriculum in place for students
- Include a STEM training or mentorship program for teachers and faculty
Nation of Heartsavers, Heartsaver College Organization
College Ambassador Program Criteria & Benefits
Our College Ambassador Clubs should be a diverse group of student leaders who are best positioned to leverage relationships that will drive change on their campus and within local communities around safety and emergency preparedness.
For more information on the American Heart Association College Ambassador Program: