AHA eLearning courses give students the flexibility to learn at their own pace and on their own schedule, anywhere and anytime an internet connection is available.
QUALITY OF TRAINING & CONSISTENCY
- AHA is the source of the science behind the development the AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC and thus all of our training courses.
- Blended and eLearning encourages consistency; training ensures all students learn all topics necessary to help increase survival rates.
- Students still complete in-person hands-on sessions and testing for courses requiring CPR and other psychomotor skills.
- Students can complete online courses at home or on the go, on their preferred desktop or tablet device.
- Instructors focus on important psychomotor skills practice and training to ensure the student is able to perform.
- Companies and healthcare organizations can overcome obstacles such as reaching remote employees and diverse learning styles.
- Time in Training Centers' classrooms is minimized as only the hands-on skills session needs to be completed in person, instead of tying up classroom time for the entire course. Training is completed mostly on the student's schedule which leads to increased satisfaction.
- While there is an initial operational commitment to jumpstart blended and eLearning at your organization, this eventually results in effective and efficient training based on how you manage it.
WANT TO TAKE YOUR AHA TRAINING TO THE NEXT LEVEL BY INTRODUCING BLENDED LEARNING & ELEARNNG?
Attend our free webinar on January 31st 11:00 a.m., Central to learn more! Sign up here (opens new window)
Event number: 746 186 055
Event password: 8PwJhpgG
TWO FORMATS FOR ONLINE TRAINING
Online + Hands-On
Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner online, followed by a hands-on session. The hands-on session is completed in person with an AHA Instructor or using a Voice Assisted Manikin (VAM), where available. Successful blended learning can reach students with varying learning styles and in different environments. It combines the flexibility of online training with skills practice and testing for CPR and other psychomotor skills.
COURSES FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC, WORKFORCE AND NON-CLINICAL STAFF
- Heartsaver® First Aid Online (15-1402) (opens new window)
This course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner and covers first aid basics, how to handle medical, injury and environmental emergencies and preventing illness and injury.
- Heartsaver CPR AED Online (15-1401) (opens new window)
This course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an AED in a safe, timely, and effective manner. The skills learned in this course will help you recognize cardiac arrest, get emergency care on the way quickly and help the person until more advanced care arrives to take over.
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Online (15-1403) (opens new window)
This self-directed course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid, CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. It offers the basics of recognizing and administering first aid for the most common life-threatening emergencies.
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online (15-1404) (opens new window)
This is the eLearning portion of the course that is designed to teach students cognitive information needed to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives.
This course teaches students how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
Opioid Education for Non-Clinical Staff and Lay Responders Online (15-1423) (opens new window)
This self-directed course will provide a basic understanding of the opioid epidemic and how to recognize and respond to a person who has potentially overdosed on opioids.
COURSES FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
- HeartCode® ACLS (15-1407) (opens new window)
This course uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. Students complete a precourse self-assessment, and then a team dynamics lesson and 10 In-hospital patient cases, including a BLS case and 2 megacode cases. There are a variety of additional videos and materials to enhance learning and facilitate successful completion of the patient cases.
- HeartCode BLS - CPR and AED Training (15-1400) (opens new window)
This course uses the latest eSimulation technology to enable students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. Utilizing a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities, this course teaches BLS knowledge and skills.
- HeartCode PALS (15-1412) (opens new window)
This advanced pediatric course teaches students to use a systematic approach to quickly assess and treat pediatric patients in emergency situations. Students interact with real pediatric patient cases, realistic simulations, and animations where they apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. This includes basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation skills and team dynamics. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning.
This self-directed course will provide an understanding of the opioid epidemic, pathophysiology of an opioid overdose, and special considerations for taking care of patients with an opioid overdose.