Currently, AHA CE/CME is available for the following courses.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – for EMS Students
- ACLS for Experienced Providers (ACLS EP) – for EMS Students
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – for EMS Students
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – for EMS Students
- Pediatric Advanced Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS®) – for EMS Students
- HeartCode® BLS
- HeartCode ACLS
- HeartCode PALS
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Online
- Heartsaver CPR AED Online
- Heartsaver First Aid Online
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online
- Acute Stroke Online – expiring 12/31/18
- Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online
What kind of course or event did you attend?
I took an AHA course online.If you completed your AHA course online, you can claim your CME/CE credits on the site where you completed the course. CE credits can only be claimed once all components of the online course are complete.
- Login to eLearning.Heart.org.
- Once logged in, on the upper right of your screen under your name, you will see “MY eLEARNING.”
- Select the “My Courses” option from the My eLEARNING dropdown.
- Once on the My Courses page, select the “Completed Courses” tab, and look under the “CME/CE Credits” column. Note: To claim CME/CE, you need to have fully completed the online portion of the course, including the evaluation. Once completed, the course will appear in “Completed Courses.”
- Follow the steps to download or complete information to claim your CME/CE credit.
I attended an AHA class in person.
It is the responsibility of the AHA Training Center (the location where you received your CPR training) to submit the student roster for CME/CE credits to the accrediting body.
- Before reaching out to your Training Center, first try to run a few searches in your email inbox to make sure you didn’t overlook the email with the link to claim your CME/CE credits. Search and make sure you don’t have any emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you did receive the email, click on the link inside the email body to claim your CME/CE. This link will take you to a form that must be filled out with all the requested information. Once submitted, you will be able to obtain your course completion and CE certificate.
- If you cannot locate an email with that email address, reach out to your Training Center to ensure they have submitted your student information and have sent an email to claim CME/CE credits. Can’t remember your Training Center’s information? See Tips Below.
- Ask a coworker or friend who took the class with you. The Training Center’s information can be found on the back of his or her card.
- If your school or employer made the arrangements for the class, he or she should have the Training Center’s contact information.
- Do you have a student manual/workbook from the class? It may have a label on it that includes the Training Center’s name.
- Visit our Find a Course tool to search for the name of Training Centers in the same area where you took the class.
- If you are unable to get a response from your Training Center, you can file a complaint by emailing TCCSupport@heart.org, and include the Training Center’s name, the Instructor’s first and last name the city and state, as well as the details of your request.
I attended an AHA event in person.I attended a ECC Regional Conference
If you attended a live ECC event or session for which Physician, Nursing, or EMS Continuing Education credits are available, you are strongly encouraged to claim your CME/CE credit within 30 days of the conference. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. Access http://learn.heart.org.
2. Select Course Catalog.
3. Enter the activity location address, city, or zip for live activities.
4. Select the magnifying glass icon.
5. Select Register for the selected activity.
c. Enter your Username and Password, and select Sign In.
2. If you are not a registered user, select Create an account to enter your account information and receive your Username and Password.
e. Enter the access code provided at the end of the session in the Access Code field.
a. You may qualify for more than one credit type based on your user profile.
b. ACCME, ANCC, and CAPCE allow claiming of variable credit. You will be given the option to claim all or part of the activity credit if applicable to your user profile.
8. Select Continue to generate your certificate.
9. Select the certificate link to print or save it.
10. Select Close. The activity is stored under Completed Activities.
I attended a different event through AHA for which Continuing Education credit is available:
If you are looking for Continuing Education credits from a non-ECC event, please visit the Lifelong Learning site and visit the calendar of events for information on the event you attended.
For customer support please contact our National Engagement Center at 1-888-242-2453 (Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM CST, Friday 8AM-12PM CST) or email email@example.com.