Heartsaver First Aid Online has been updated to reflect new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC and the 2015 AHA/Red Cross Guidelines for First Aid. This course covers first aid basics for the most common first aid emergencies, including how to recognize them, how to call for help, and how to perform lifesaving skills.
Heartsaver First Aid Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver First Aid Blended Learning Course and teaches information needed for first aid training. Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on session with an AHA Instructor.
- Students have the convenience of completing the course at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Includes interactive exercises and videos to engage students and provide periodic points of knowledge transference
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
- Students have access to all information in the online course for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned
- Includes audio and transcript for any students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their personal learning experience
AHA Training Centers
Use our Find a Course tool to locate an AHA Training Center in your area that offers Classroom and Skills Sessions.
Go to ShopCPR.Heart.org to register and complete online courses.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers