This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with a new Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses
- Course is updated with the new science
AHA Training Centers
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Optional written test
- 90-1029 Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual with Lesson Maps and Instructor CD
- 90-1028 Heartsaver DVD Set
- 90-1027 Heartsaver First Aid Student Workbook with *Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide, Heartsaver CPR AED Adult Reminder Card and Heartsaver CPR AED Child & Infant Reminder Card
* 90-1025 Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide also sold separately
Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid Course Completion Card that is valid for two years.
During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their first aid skills practice and testing.
Frequently Asked Questions for Heartsaver Classroom Courses & Materials
Q: Does the AHA determine the cost for all training courses and the accompanying course materials?
A: Costs for courses and materials are determined by Training Centers or Instructors and may vary. The AHA does not regulate price; however, provides its authorized distributors suggested retail pricing on course materials.