This program is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR AED for a job, regulatory or other requirement and is seeking an alternative to classroom-based training.
- Can be completed at work, at home or wherever Internet access is available
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Includes interactive exercises and videos
- Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been completed successfully
- Includes online access to the Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook
- Students have access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of their course key
AHA Training Centers
eLearningPurchase and complete eLearning and blended learning courses
Go to OnlineAHA.org to register and complete online courses.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Adult choking
- Optional modules in child CPR, AED use and choking
- Optional modules in infant CPR and choking
Instructor MaterialsInstructors should refer to the document, “Training Memo: BLS HCP and Heartsaver eLearning Skills Practice and Testing Requirements 6/1/11.”
This document is posted on the AHA Instructor Network (opens new window) under Courses > Heartsaver CPR AED Online.
Student Materials90-1402 Heartsaver CPR AED Online Part 1 key
eLearning (online lessons blended with hands-on skills session)
- Part 1 online; can be completed in approximately 30 minutes - 1 hour
- Parts 2 and 3, hands-on skills practice and testing session with an authorized AHA Instructor. Time to complete skills practice and testing sessions vary.
FAQs for Heartsaver CPR AED Online Part 1
Q: Does the AHA determine the cost for all training courses and the accompanying course materials?
A: Costs for courses and materials are determined by Training Centers or Instructors and may vary. The AHA does not regulate price; however, provides its authorized distributors suggested retail pricing on course materials.