This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Course is updated with the new science
AHA Training Centers
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR, including child and infant choking
- Optional written test
- 90-1029 Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual with Lesson Maps and Instructor CD
- 90-1028 Heartsaver DVD Set
AHA Instructor Network (opens new window)
- 90-1044 Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook with Adult and Child/Infant Reminder Cards
Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED Course Completion Card that is valid for two years.
During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their CPR and AED skills practice and testing.
Frequently Asked Questions for Heartsaver Classroom Courses & Materials (PDF).
Q: Does the AHA determine the cost for all training courses and the accompanying course materials?
A: Costs for courses and materials are determined by Training Centers or Instructors and may vary. The AHA does not regulate price; however, provides its authorized distributors suggested retail pricing on course materials.