This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
This course is designed for any workers with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:
- Correctional Officers
- Childcare workers
- Security Guards
- Maintenance workers
- School personnel
- Hotel Housekeepers
- Health and Fitness Club Staff
- Tattoo Artists
- Interactive questions and video segments
- Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Downloadable Participation Certificate is available
- Can start, stop and return to online modules as needed
- Provides an alternative to classroom-based course
AHA Training Centers
eLearningPurchase and complete eLearning and blended learning courses
Go to OnlineAHA.org to register and complete online courses.
Course ContentAHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training. Students learn how to:
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
Student Materials80-1501 Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online
eLearning (online lessons)
Students can access downloadable Participation Certificate upon course completion.
How It Works: Students complete a series of online lessons and interactive questions. No skills session is required.
Q: Does the AHA determine the cost for all training courses and the accompanying course materials?
80-2370 Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens; Spanish (classroom)