The AHA's Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens Online Course has been updated to reflect updates to the Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030), which is published by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This self-directed eLearning course teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials. This course is designed to meet OSHA requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online was designed specifically for workers with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as
- Correctional officers
- Childcare workers
- Security guards
- Maintenance workers
- School personnel
- Hotel housekeepers
- Health and fitness club staff
- Tattoo artists
- Students can complete at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available
- Certificate of completion available to print
- Access to all information in the online portion for 12 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned
- Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Offers continuing education (CE) credit
AHA Training Centers
eLearningPurchase and complete eLearning and blended learning courses
Go to eLearning.heart.org to register and complete online courses.
- Protect themselves from blood or blood-containing materials.
- Act quickly and safely.
- Clean the area that has blood or blood-containing materials.
- Tell their supervisor about the incident