This classroom course, led by an AHA Instructor or Facilitator, teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
This course is designed for anyone with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:
- Correctional Officers
- Childcare workers
- Security guards
- Maintenance workers
- School personnel
- Hotel housekeepers
- Health and fitness club staff
- Tattoo artists
- Ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an Instructor or Facilitator
- Content is based on the PACT (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Tear-out course participation card included on back cover of Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Student Workbook (back cover of eBook version may also be printed)
AHA Training Centers
Students learn how to:
- Protect themselves from blood or blood-containing materials.
- Act quickly and safely.
- Clean the area that has blood or blood-containing materials.
- Tell their supervisor about the incident.