The Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers is a vital reference for healthcare
providers. It is often included on hospital crash carts and is accessed frequently in the field by EMS and other first responders.
The 2010 Handbook of ECC incorporates the latest science and treatment recommendations from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care .
This pocket-sized, reference book provides convenient, quick access to the latest resuscitation science and treatment information.
The 2010 Handbook of ECC is intended for use by healthcare professionals in emergency, intensive care, or critical care departments; emergency medical services (EMTs, paramedics); first responders; and AHA and other BLS, ACLS and PALS instructors.
- Simple, easy-to-use algorithms and drug treatment information
- Step-by-step guides and checklists to help healthcare providers perform accurate steps for quality care
- Color-coded, quick-reference format
- Customizable tabbing system
- Spiral spine that allows book to lie flat for easy reading
AHA eBooksShop AHA eBooks to purchase digital course materials required for your class.
Go to eBooks.heart.org.
90-1000 2010 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers (2010 Handbook of ECC)
- Pocket-sized, 6.25” x 4” book
- Spiral-bound for easy access to critical information
- Includes 212 pages of full-color algorithms and text
- Contained within a full-color soft cover
- Includes subject labels and numbered tabs that providers can adhere to sections for even easier access to content
Charts for the new PALS and Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS) Courses.
Update - Updated algorithm for the treatment of pediatric tachycardia with adequate perfusion
Considerations for Evaluation of the Cyanotic Neonate
Glasgow Coma Scale
Administration of corticosteroids for pediatric patients
Targeted Preductal SpO2 after birth
Naloxone removed from medications used during or after resuscitation of newborns
Changes: March 2013
2010 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers (PDF)
[ISBN 978-1-61669-000-7, AHA Product Number 90-1000
Please make these corrections in your copy. These errors will be corrected in future printings of the Handbook.
90-1300TR German Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers 2010
90-2101JP Japanese Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular for Healthcare Providers 2010
90-2200BR Portuguese Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers 2010
90-2300BR Spanish Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers 2010 Available in eBook