HeartCode BLS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
After completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing. Where available, students may also complete the hands-on session with a voice-assisted manikin (VAM).
HeartCode BLS is for healthcare professionals seeking an alternative method for completing an initial or renewal BLS Course.Features
- Updated science and education reflecting the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Includes in-facility and prehospital tracks; student chooses his/her track before starting the HeartCode BLS Online Portion
- Enhanced learning experience through eSimulations, life-like animations, video scenarios, and knowledge checks
- Accessible version available for students with hearing, vision, and/or motor impairments on OnlineAHA.org only.
AHA Training Centers
eLearningPurchase and complete eLearning and blended learning courses
- New science and education from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- The components of high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival for prehospital and in-facility providers
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants