HeartCode BLS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
After completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing. Where available, students may also complete the hands-on session with a voice-assisted manikin (VAM).
HeartCode BLS is for healthcare professionals seeking an alternative method for completing an initial or renewal BLS Course.Features
- Updated science and education reflecting the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Includes in-facility and prehospital tracks; student chooses his/her track before starting the HeartCode BLS Online Portion
- Enhanced learning experience through eSimulations, life-like animations, video scenarios, and knowledge checks
AHA Training Centers
eLearningGo to OnlineAHA.org to register and purchase this course.
Or, contact any of our distributors to purchase the online course key.
- New science and education from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- The components of high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival for prehospital and in-facility providers
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants