AHA’s ACLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR.
This advanced course highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage Active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
AHA Training Centers
Use our Find a Course tool to locate an AHA Training Center in your area that offers Classroom and Skills Sessions.
Shop eBooks and course materials required for your class.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team