This web-based, interactive course provides training on the symptoms, diagnosis and management of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke and complications of stroke. Course content is based on information from the AHA’s ACLS EP Manual and Resource Text, covering treatment from the field to the emergency department, as well as critical care and rehabilitation. This text has been adapted to an independent study activity to make this resource available to a wider audience of health professionals.
Acute Stroke Online meets Joint Commission requirements.
Geared toward the experienced healthcare provider, this course is ideal for in-hospital, out-of-hospital and any healthcare provider who wants to improve his or her knowledge of stroke treatment.
- Self-paced learning; course accessible 24/7
- Access to course for 12 months from activation, allowing students to conveniently refresh knowledge
- Certificate of completion provided
- Continuing education credits available
AHA Training Centers
eLearningPurchase and complete eLearning and blended learning courses
Go to OnlineAHA.org to register and complete online courses.
- Stroke Chain of Survival
- 8 D’s of stroke care
- Definitions of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Stroke risk factors, recognition and management
- Transition to critical care and rehabilitation