Revised Training Center Criteria
The American Heart Association revised its criteria for new Training Center (TC) candidates in early 2014. To meet training demands in each discipline across the U.S., the AHA is working diligently to add Training Centers in areas where there is a demonstrated need. TC applications will only be extended to those able to meet the minimum criteria, and where the AHA has determined there is a geographic need. We are currently accepting inquiries for Training Center Applications in the following geographies:
The following states need TCs in all three disciplines: Washington, Kentucky, Missouri, Oregon, New Jersey, Virginia, Minnesota, Arizona, Colorado.
The maps below illustrate the states where TCs are needed by discipline.
The following is the basic criteria for being an AHA TC:
- Upon launch of the AHA’s My Cards system, applicants will issue eCards (electronic course completion cards), even when adding a discipline or geography.
- Applicants will have $1 million in general liability insurance, indemnify AHA on their insurance policy and, if insurance is cancelled, they will inform the AHA immediately within same business day.
- Each applicant will be registered as a business in the state in which it is headquartered.
- Applicants will agree to the Terms and Conditions of the TC Agreement and will use the My TC Agreement tool to apply online.
- If the applicant is a Training Site, the applicant will have a recommendation from the TC. They must be a Training Site in good standing. The applicant will have its TC Coordinator attend an AHA orientation prior to receipt of the new TC’s security code.
- Applicants will have a Business Plan that includes their goals, market analysis and financials.
- Applicants will have the support of the C-suite/principal or hospital corporate officer as evidenced by a letter of support.
- Applicants will already be consistently holding AHA classes in each discipline for which they have applied as a Training Center.
If you feel that you meet the criteria and are in an area of geographic need please contact your AHA Account Manager or call 1-888-277-5463.